Feature request: Skill based routing/Linear Hunt upgrade
We recently moved from a NEC PBX that had Skill based routing as one of the options for the Automatic Call Distribution. It was very similar to your linear hunt, but had couple benefits that we miss on the current G12 system.
What it did:
Agents would be assigned as member of a call queue. Those members would then have a skill set (1-7) for that queue (1 was highest skilled to 7 lowest skilled). The system would then find the lowest numbered (highest skilled) person who was idle the longest and direct the call to them. One phone would ring for each call (at a time) for the best qualified agent for that call. E.g. We could have 2 agented in Auburn who were primary on phones at a level 1, 3 agents in Auburn at level 2 who had other primary tasks, then the agents from other regions at 3 and 4 using similar logic and then backup or manager above that.
What we have tried:
We tried linear hunt, but either you have one person at each level who get's bombarded with calls or you have multiple phones ringing at the same time. Neither of which were desirable. We settled on two level round robin queues for several of the queues. e.g. Auburn CS Main and Auburn CS Backup where the primary people are in the first one and the secondary people are in the second.
What this lacks/how a new system would improve results.
- Reporting and viewing queue stats would be significantly simplified if there was one Auburn CS queue.
- We could add managers in without adding a third level backup queue.
- When we have emergency coverage we could add people to the end of the queue without them getting more calls than necessary and without blowing up everyone other people's phones.
- E.g. 1 - During covid events we have people who are not as well trained who we want at the end of the queue not only from a geographic perspective, but behind those in other regions.
- E.g. 2 - In the past I could have myself on the end of a queue and I could login to cover for people in the case of significant workforce reductions, but know I would only get calls if there was no one else available to answer the call. But it was still one queue for reporting and only one person's phone would ring at a time.
- The other thing that it had that might be harder to duplicate was a "Wrapup" feature, where you would be put into the mode and become unavailable until you returned to work mode, but you would still be logged in. I don't think this is necessary, but I will say that the button on the phone is not very helpful in terms of determining if you are logged in or not. We are not currently logging out users who don't answer a call because there isn't a good physical display telling the users they are logged out.
I think if you could make each level in a linear hunt effectively a round robin at that level you would cover 95% of the improvement.
I would be very glad to talk to someone about the potential improvements to your call queue options.
Thank you for your consideration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.