Once the portal website has been opened in Chrome*, the following instructions will assist in logging into and using the softphone application to make and receive phone calls.
1. Find the Portal Login information which should have been emailed to your email address provided.
2. In the Login Name field, input the Portal Login – this should be the extension @ company domain, for example 105@G12Com
3. The Password you will setup after receiving a welcome email.
4. Click “Log In” to connect.
5. Click on the G12 Mobility link at the top of your home page. This will open a new window, so ensure that you have “Popups” allowed in your browser.
6. Above are the three main screens: Contacts, Voicemail, and Call History. From these screens, tap a contact or recent call to place a call to that individual
7. From one of the three main screens, tapping the three line icon will bring up a settings menu. This settings menu allows Answering Rules to be activated or deactivated.
Greetings to be recorded as well as activated or deactivated.
*G12 Communications Portal Website (https://portal.g12com.com/) is best used with Google Chrome and the Softphone application can ONLY be used in Google Chrome.
**Ensure that you have your microphone and speakers enabled and on to utilize softphone.