HTTPS-Enabled Fax ATA:
Connect your fax machine to the G12 fax server
• Cost Effective
• Connect through internet faxing services
This device provides a simple, consistent, and cost-effective option to connect your fax machine to your fax server. This Fax ATA provides an easy way to get rid of costly dedicated lines and provides the ultimate document archiving system.
What this fax connection provides:
• Secure and reliable HTTPS connections between your fax machine and the G12 fax server - no mater
what internet connection.
• E-mail based fax notifications, in addition to printed notifications
• Familiar fax machine user experience, with real-time communication prompts
Each ATA device has the capacity for two Fax Lines (depending on environment).
To setup the device, an ethernet cable that has internet accessibility needs to be plugged into the WAN port. The Fax machine should be plugged into the corresponding phone 1 or phone 2 port using an analog cable, G12 will provide the correct port number based on telephone number.
1. Confirm device is connected to a power outlet and lights are on.
2. Confirm the phone is in line 1 of the ATA, then securely connected to fax machine.
3. Confirm Ethernet cable is connected to the WAN port, then securely connected to an internet source.
4. Reset ATA:
a. While holding the reset button, unplug the power cable.
b. While still holding the reset button, plug back in the power cable and count to 10 slowly.
c. Release the reset button & update support with status.
5. Send a test fax
a. Send a one page black and white text fax to 1-888-hpfaxme
(1.888.473.2963) A return fax will be generated to you within a minutes.